Daily Blog: Jan 15, 2021 - Juan Reyes

 On the last day of the personal finance class, I reflected on the material that I had come to learn over the length of the course. We started out with relatively mundane subjects such as federal and state taxes, home ownership, and insurance types. This quickly turned into advanced lessons on a multitude of financial subjects, and I found myself learning about stock trading, asset diversification and management, and entrepreneurial strategies. I gained a sense of how truly complicated the financial world really was, and the information I learned throughout this course will have properly prepared me for the actual real world I will most likely face in just a couple years. One excerpt from the information I found on my topic of asset allocation I found very interesting, as it gives a good understanding of the type of material found in the course; "The most common usage of the term "asset manager" refers to investment management, the sector of the financial services industry that manages investment funds and segregated client accounts. Asset management is part of a financial company that employs experts who manage money and handle the investments of clients. From studying the client's assets to planning and looking after the investments, all things are looked after by the asset managers and recommendations are provided based on the financial health of each client."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflection Blog - Micah Weinstock

Personal Finance - Final Reflection

Reflection Blog by Connor Kissack